Frequently Asked Questions

Security system frequently asked questions

Q:  How can I change who is called when my alarm goes off?

A:  Go to the forms section of our website and download the emergency contact update form. Fill it out then fax or email it to the local office (fax # and email is shown at the top of the form). 

Q:  How can I change the alarm code(s) on my alarm system?

A:  Go to the alarm system user guides section of our website, download the guide for your particular system and follow the instructions.  

Q:  What cities require a security alarm system permit to provide police response?  

A:  Cities that require permits are Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Sapulpa, Mannford, Stillwater and Oklahoma CIty. These forms are available for download in the forms section of our website. Alarm permits must be renewed each year for police response.    

Q:  How does my system communicate with the monitoring center?   

A:  In the past, land based plain old telephone service "POTS" lines have been used to transmit alarm signals to the monitoring center. These days more than ever, customers are opting to have their land based telephone line disconnected. Falco can monitor your system via the cellular network, however it requires the installation of additional equipment. Click here for more information. If you are interested in the option of monitoring without a telephone line please contact the local office.     

Q:  Why didn’t I get a call when my alarm went off?    

A:  If the monitoring center receives an alarm signal and immediately thereafter receives a proper disarm signal, they may not call you. Anytime you feel that your alarm is not communicating properly or have a concern please contact the local office.       

Q:  I presently have a security system. Is it possible for Falco Alarm Company to connect and monitor my presently installed security system?   

A:  We are capable of monitoring most brands of alarm systems. Our specialists can properly evaluate an existing system’s functionality and compatibility with the monitoring center. After the system’s age, functionality and compatibility are properly assessed it can be determined if it can be monitored or if upgrades to the system are needed.       

Q:  What occurs in the event of a false alarm?     

A:  There is always a possibility of a false alarm. If you suspect a zone isn't working or providing a false alarm signal, we recommend you test you system using the suspected zone. If you would like a technician to come out and test your system please contact the local office.  

Q:  How can I test my alarm system?   

A:  In the event that you wish to test your security system, simply notify the monitoring center and ask them to put your system into “test mode”; making it then possible to test any zone of your security system, then arm your system and set it off. Afterwards, contact the monitoring center. The dispatchers can then provide the information they received and where in your home or business the security system reported activity.     

Q:  What occurs in the event of a power failure?

A:  While your home or business security system is powered from an AC power source, in the event of a power failure your security system will automatically switch over to a built-in back-up battery. The back-up battery is capable of powering the security system for several hours. As AC power is restored, the security system automatically switches back to the AC power source.        

Q:  What kind of discounts, if any, can I expect on my homeowners insurance policy for having a security system

A:  Since having a security system plays a significant role in protecting your home, most insurance companies provide policy holders with a discount on their homeowner’s policy averaging between 5% to 20%. Falco provides monitored security system customers with a "certificate of monitoring" to present to your insurance company to receive this discount.    

Q:  Why is it recommended that I install additional smoke detectors to go with my alarm system?

A:  You probably have smoke detectors already installed in your home but they only make sound to alert you of a possible fire in the event you are home. In order to keep your home properly monitored from various dangers, smoke / heat and carbon monoxide detectors are recommended not only for added safety while you're in the home, but also as a means of allowing them to be monitored 24/7 when you're away.

Q:  What forms of payment do we accept?    

A:  We accept all major credit cards. We can also set up automatic credit card or bank withdrawal payments. The automatic bank withdrawal form can be downloaded in the forms section of our website. Just fill it out and send it via fax or email it to the local office (fax # and email is shown at the top of the form).

Locally owned and operated. Falco has two offices in Oklahoma; Tulsa and Stillwater.

We serve all of eastern Oklahoma including; Bartlesville, Bixby, Bristow, Broken Arrow, Claremore, Cleveland, Collinsville, Coweta, Cushing, Enid, Glenpool, Jenks, Miami, Muskogee, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pawhuska, Ponca City, Pryor, Sand Springs, Sapulpa, Skiatook, Stillwater, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita and Wagoner, Oklahoma.